The Tombs of Ahmose (no. 121) and Rây (no. 72)
© 2002. All rights reserved.
Project Preliminary Findings
Click on the various documents and collections of images below to open.
- 1. Lecture: "Like Father Like Son: New Discoveries in the Tombs of Ahmose and Rây in Ancient Thebes, Egypt"
- Revised and augmented transcript of an illustrated public lecture presented April 1999 to the South Carolina Society of the Archaeological Institute of America and the College of Charleston. This document recounts the goals and activities of the project in light of the 1998 field season (contains no bibliographical references or citations).
- 2. Photographic Album
- Selected photographs and images related to the work and staff of the project, taken over the course of several field seasons.
- 3. Paper Abstracts
- Abstracts of papers, as field reports, presented by field director P. A. Piccione, to colleagues at meetings and professional conferences.
- ICE 2000, Cairo, Egypt: "A Family of Priests Revealed in
Theban Tombs no. 72 and 121"
- SSEA Conference 2000, Toronto, Ontario: "Historical Findings Related to the Work of the Theban Tombs Publication Project"
- ARCE Conference 1997, Ann Arbor, Michigan: "Report on the 1996 Field Season of the Theban Tombs Publication Project: The Tombs of Ray (No. 72) and Ahmose (No. 121)"
- ARCE Conference 1994, Toronto, Ontario: "The Theban Tombs Publication Project: Report on the Tombs of Ray (No. 72) and Ahmose (No. 121)"
- ARCE Conference 1992, Seattle, Washington: "Report on the Physical Condition and Texts of the Tomb of Rây, Theban Tomb No. 72"
- 4. Conservation Reports
- Technical reports on the findings of the 1998 condition survey of Tombs no. 72 and 121, conducted by conservator Stephen Rickerby, as part of the work of the Theban Tombs Publication Project.
- 5. Geological Report
- Technical report of the geological survey of the rock of the tombs no 72, 121 and MMA 850 and the hill of Sheikh abd el-Qurna, conducted by Prof. A. Kem Fronabarger, Ph. D., in 2001 as part of the conservation efforts of the Theban Tombs Publication Project).
- 6. Bibliography
- Bibliography of publications related to the history and archaeology of Tombs no. 72 and 121 and the findings of the project (n.b.: not updated).
- rev. 8/02
Theban Tombs Publication Project Home Page
P. A. Piccione Home Page